The Coca-Cola Foodservice on Premise COVID-19 Resource Site
To all foodservice operators across Canada
In these difficult times, Coca-Cola in Canada is taking action to support communities, consumers, employees and you, operators and restaurants owners across Canada, impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We know you are facing unplanned and unprecedented pressures. COVID-19 is challenging businesses large and small in ways none of us could ever have imagined. No industry is immune to this crisis. With this in mind, we want to work together to find a way forward and take action now in building our resiliency together.
We are aiming to support the foodservice industry with multi-dimensional response efforts. Please see below for a message from our leadership and resources that may be helpful during this difficult time. We are open to your feedback, so please do let us know if you have any thoughts on how we can improve this resource page to better suit your needs by clicking Contact Us at the top right of this page.
We will continue to work through these uncertain times together. Together We Can.
NEW - Coca-Cola Freestyle Unveils Contactless Solutions for Fountain Fleet
We know these are incredibly difficult times for you. Our foodservice industry has been one of the hardest hit by COVID-19.
And despite these unprecedented times, we have seen the industry come together. We’ve been inspired by the creative and passionate ways many of you have been able to adapt to the constantly evolving situations you’re facing. Whether it’s shifting to take-out, investing in new safety protocols for your employees, finding new ways to deliver, or managing through the various government programs available for support, your ability to transform quickly with the best interest of your employees and customers first is inspiring.
As our economy begins to re-open and we adapt to a new way of doing business, we want you to know that you can count on one thing: our support in helping you foster resilience and rebuild a sustainable business.
To date, we have activated multi-dimensional response efforts, including:
• The safety of our employees, and those we serve, is our highest priority. We’ve carefully followed guidance from local public health authorities and implemented additional cleaning and disinfection measures, above and beyond our existing stringent processes, to ensure the continued safety of our employees.
• Increasing the use of digital tools, while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Using myCoke, our online ordering platform, streamlines the ordering and support process for customers. The site allows customers to place orders, track support, receive reminders, as well as speak with customer service agents in real-time via the chat feature.
• The Coca-Cola Foundation awarded about $2 million in grants to non-profit organizations in Canada. This includes the Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada who received a grant to provide food and essentials for families and club employees who are struggling; care for children of emergency health workers; mental health and counselling services; and other emergency needs. Additionally, Food Banks Canada received a grant to provide food to communities during the outbreak, supporting a network of more than 650 food bank organizations and 4,500 distribution centres.
• Supporting our frontline health care workers, first responders, and local community organizations with product donations, including water, juice, milk and sparkling beverages.
• Launching #LoveYourLocal a campaign grounded in our local bottler’s presence and commitment to the communities in which we operate. The campaign embodies the importance of supporting local businesses with a compelling call-to-action to all Canadians.
• Promoting #TakeoutDay, the nationwide movement from Restaurants Canada encouraging Canadians to order takeout to help support local restaurants and the food industry.
We also launched this site – Coca-Cola Rapid Response Resource Canada – with access to free resources to assist foodservice operators during this crisis. Here you can find tips for optimizing takeout, pick up, and drive-through operations, the latest on COVID-19 safety guidelines for restaurants, information about third-party restaurant delivery services, and more. We want to work together to ensure that this tool brings value to you and your business, and we look forward to your feedback and insights.
Our steadfast commitment to your business is the foundation of everything we do. We look forward to once again, coming together, sharing a meal with friends and family, and creating special moments together.
We are all in this together.
Darlene Nicosia, President & CEO, Coca-Cola Ltd.
Todd Parsons, President & CEO, Coke Canada Bottling